Call for Abstracts BioEM 2020
The Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) are glad to announce that BioEM 2020, the premier international conference on bioelectromagnetics and the annual joint meeting will be held in Oxford, UK on 21-26 June.
The meeting aims to presenting and advancing high quality research in bioelectromagnetics to address the mechanisms, effects, regulations and medical applications.
We invite abstracts for platform presentations and poster sessions. Original papers are solicited for presentation (in English) on the interaction of biological systems with electromagnetic energy from static fields to Terahertz frequencies.
Preferential topics include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Biological and medical applications
- In vitro and in vivo studies
- Human studies
- Mechanisms of interaction
- Electromagnetic dosimetry and modelling
- Human body modelling and characterization
- Electroporation and pulsed electric field applications
- Occupational exposure and risk assessment
- Standards and public health policy
Authors wishing to present papers are invited to submit a short summary and an abstract online. Instructions for Authors https://www.bioem.org/submitinstructions and the abstract submissions portal can be found at: https://www.bioem.org/home. The submission system is now open.
As always, we particularly invite platform and poster submissions from students. There will be a competition (with prizes) for the best student papers (both oral and poster). BioEM 2020 will offer travel support to a number of students. For details and to apply please visit Student Support
All abstracts will be reviewed and scored by the Technical Program Committee. While we will try to respect authors' preferences for a platform or poster presentation, this is not always possible when we assemble submitted abstracts into a balanced set of sessions for the final program.
- 16 December 2019 Registration and abstract submission opens on-line
- 31 January 2020 Abstract submission deadline
- 31 January 2020 Student travel support application deadline
- 15 March 2020 Author notification
- 25 April 2020 Early registration deadline
Maxim ZHADOBOV and Alexandre LEGROS
Technical Program Chairs, BioEM 2020
To submit an abstract, please visit: bioem.org/home
Instruction for Abstract Submission: PDF: Instruction for Abstract Submission
BioEM 2020 will offer support to a number of students by waiving their registration fee. This support is intended to partially offset participation costs to attend the conference. To be eligible for support, the student must be a first author, present their paper at the meeting and be a member of either BEMS or EBEA.